Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If you cut me, would I bleed? 
Or would fog drift out of my skin,
flowing out into the air and disappearing? 


My feet make soft echoes with each step, shadow following me.  
A million drops pelt my skin, running down my face. 
They go right through me, sinking into the damp ground.  


If you beat me, would I bruise? 
Or would you go inside of me,
flowing through my veins and out again without leaving a mark? 


This house feels empty.
I walk through it....but I'm not here. 
I am a ghost, a phantom, 
wandering through dimly lit halls.


If you shocked me, 
I wonder,
would I feel it? 


It's all out of focus. Out of touch.


Grey. 


What would I give, to see with my eyes, 
to hear with my ears.
To touch with my skin rather than my mind. 
Or would I? 


I think... therefore I am?
Do I think? 
...Am I?


If you broke me, would I shatter? 

No comments:

Post a Comment