I'm going to restrict some and see if it makes a difference. Just a little bit. Not enough to get out of control, just enough to see if that's the problem.
He tells me that he's proud of me and that I've come a long way. I'm getting better.
But he doesn't know.
He doesn't know that I still bleed and devour and play with dangerous things and thoughts. He doesn't know how much it hurts and how i've been messing up all over the place and am back to cutting at least once a week. Perhaps that's better than every day, but it's not two weeks or a month. And how I've been bingeing and losing control and fighting a losing battle with my brain for control and how nearly every night it hurts and how I wake up dreading everything in the day but one thing.
He doesn't catch me in my lies. Not when I tell him I was good or when I use different words to describe my mood than are accurate or tactfully avoid answering questions that I don't like. I've stopped telling him. He doesn't want to know, neither does anyone else. I just burden them and make myself look weak and selfish and pathetic. [which I am, but don't tell them that.] And it's not even him. It's no one. They all think I'm doing well. I'm smiling, so I must be well. I'm laughing, so my mood must be perfect. I'm talking so I must be getting better. I can hide things so I must be fine fine fine fine fine fine fine fine.
I'm fine. Really.
Good, subject change. Let's get off the subject of me. I'm sorry for saying anything.
You said:
ReplyDelete"Is this what that means? I haven't really been exercising, so maybe I'm eating too much for my activity level. I need to eat less, maybe."
Are you unable to exercise more?
Eating less will only hurt you. Exercising more will help you.
Exercise and me don't get along very well. We always have a contest of wills. Unfortunately, I win, often. And you can see my 'winnings' in my butt and thighs... sigh...Hah.
However, I have discovered that if I combine music with it - then Exercise wins and I feel a bit better each time I do it.
Perhaps you could specifically look for music that has the right beat that motivates your feet!
HUG.