Saturday, March 26, 2011

I shouldn't eat today.
There's no reasoning for this. No OMGINEEDTOLOSEWEIGHT or OMGATETOOMUCHMUSTMAKEUPFORIT. No more so than usual, anyways.
I just feel like I shouldn't. Like it's my 'thing' for the day. Like today, I'm simply meant to starve.
I know I should eat. [One day won't hurt me]. Food won't kill me. [I know that [I think] but I just don't want to.] The food looks good [Not that good]. I'll end up bingeing later. [No I won't, I can control this.]
I dunno. food? fooooooooood?
food.
empty?

2 comments:

  1. I tried doing that over my 3 day sabbatical. I was only successful on one day. My goal was to eat breakfast only and then drink water/coffee the rest of the day. I finally did it on the 3rd day. Haven't been able to do it again tho...
    I saw myself reaching for food again and again all based on emotional reactions. At least it showed me how emotions drive my response to eat food. Not hunger. No - not hunger. sigh...
    I strive to have compassion for that part of me that's been taught to eat when emotional.
    I drank water with apple cider vinegar every time I reached for food on that third day. Turns out the more coffee I drank the more food I wanted to eat.
    Can you write it down on something each time you think about food? I know it's a pain to write - but at least it will be a pause.
    Oh - and maybe you could eat a little something to keep your brain working? Some protein?
    Just a thought.
    I wish you some peace today. HUG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've definitely noticed that I eat [or not eat] based off emotions and not necessarily hunger. I've been working out why I decided to not eat for two days [I ate saturday morning, and then not until sunday night where I ate 1/3 of an apple [panic attack included]]. I'm eating fine this morning, so I think that 'thing' is over for now.

    ReplyDelete