Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I was re-reading through old conversations and things she's sent me. One thing really hit home. Not that they don't all, always, but this is just the thing i needed to hear.

   I know I've pretty much exhausted all words that can be said at this point, but I'm going to say everything all over again because you're worth it.
   You're not alone, okay? Wherever you are right now, whatever you're doing, however you're feeling, I'm there. If you're happy, I'm there. If you're at your lowest, I'm there. I may not be there physically but I'm there with you when you need me still. I'm attached to you, there's an invisible line connecting us, transferring thoughts and feelings. So that way I'll be there, all you have to do is think of me.
   Distance means nothing, it's just space. Space isn't anything really, is it? It's just air and ground, silly things. How stupid it would be to be held back by dirt and air? It is, so I'm there despite it.

   Time means nothing. It can't be held or seen or kept. It is nothing. It can be felt but that's just people feeling what isn't really there. Time passes quickly, it's faster than we know. How long ago does a month seem? Not that long, really. A blink. A year ago? It seems long, but it also doesn't. A year ago was a moment ago.
Time will pass and distance will close, but I'm still there through both of them.

   Pain and loneliness will pass, too. Pain only comes from a blow, a wound. The pain will linger but it will be just a dull ache in the end, forgotten. Loneliness isn't always taken away by company, but it can be taken away by understanding. Whether that be the understanding of other people or learning to understand yourself will have to be found out later.
Your problems won't ever leave you, but they'll be a memory someday. As useless as time, always there but not real. They'll leave you, the monsters will go away.

   Look at yourself. Your scars aren't permission for more, they're there now and they won't ever really leave. But they have no power over you. They aren't good or bad, they're just there. They cannot embarrass you, they cannot hurt you, they cannot comfort you. They're not a sign of weakness or of strength, they're battle scars. You've fought with yourself for a long time now but the enemy is yourself, and you can't defeat her. Make a truce, sign a bill of peace. Breathe freely, clear the battleground.
   Basically, this is all temporary. This is all in our heads. Time. Distance. Pain. It's not real. It means nothing.
It'll be okay. <3


Thanks for reminding me that I'm not alone. That you're still here, always. <3  That just because we're not talking, doesn't mean that we're not connected. Because you can't deny it, we still have that awesome connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment