Sunday, April 24, 2011

Of course, if there's a scale anywhere nearby, I compulsively check it. Because I'm a moron like that.
I'm 20 lbs above where I was last time I checked, and 10 over where I thought I was. Only a bit below my high weight.
I feel like so much disgusting. I really want to just fast.
I dunno.

4 comments:

  1. I used find it hard to resist scales. That's why I don't have one in my house.

    Odd thing weighing on the scales. If a person works their muscles and increases muscle mass, then their weight goes up, because muscle weighs more than fat.
    The good part about increasing muscle mass is the person loses inches. So they look and feel thinner - but weigh more.
    So - once I started working out to increase or maintain my muscles it seemed pointless to weigh on the scales. Instead I have a pair of jeans hanging on the door that I desire to be able to wear one day. I try them on periodically to see how close I am. For a while there I was really close. yay
    Then I started partying... oh well...back to the nordic track machine.

    Maybe since spring is here you are up and about more and your muscle mass is increasing.
    Perhaps you could give up the scales idea. They're ad inaccurate way of seeing if one is healthy. Don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving up the scales idea is a good one, hon. I know I haven't been around lately, and I am so so so sorry!!
    There is something that I always tell myself, especially now since I am pregnant (talk about putting on the weight.)
    You won't be able to take it with you when you die. Morbid though, I know, but it's so very true.
    Perhaps just asking someone to hide the scale; that way you're not tempted to check every time?

    I love you sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love. <3

    And for the record, I DID get rid of all the scales. But there was one at my grandparents' where I was for a family get-together.

    ReplyDelete